Cancellations are not something you look forward to. However, there are situations a customer would like to cancel a booking. However, to avoid last-minute cancellation or no-show, you can define a cancellation time. It is the amount of time you want your customers to cancel their bookings in advance without any charges. This will help you to get advance notice and you might be able to refill that slot with another customer avoiding lost revenue.
You can define and change cancellation time for your bookings anytime. By default, the value is set to 24 hours.
Here are the steps
- Login to your Hakema account
- Go to Admin > Settings > Booking and location the section which says "Cancel Time"
- Click Edit and a pop-up (like below) will appear. This will allow you to select the cancel time you would like to set anything from 4 hours to 2 days.
- Select a suitable time and press Confirm. Customers will see this information in two places
- While making a booking
- In their booking confirmation emails